Conceptual Chemistry Volume I For Class XI
Conceptual Chemistry Volume I For Class XI by SK Jain And Shailesh K Jain
With a sense of gratitude, we wish to thank all the students and teachers of Chemistry for accepting our books, Conceptual Chemistry (XI and XII) as among the ‘most user friendly’ books in Chemistry.
Recent changes in policy for Admission to IIT’s Regional and State Level Engineering Colleges/Institutes, to give weightage to the marks secured at +2 level provided us with an opportunity to update the text to make Conceptual Chemistry (XI and XII) a more effective study material.
The main features of the book are as follows:
1. A large number of Solved Numerical Problems and Short and Long Answers Type Questions have been included.
2. Conceptual Questions – The Brain Strain.
3. Conceptual Corner for Competitive Examinations-Solved AIEEE and IIT questions (up to 2012).
4. Objective Questions for Competitive Examinations.
5. Question Bank in the form of Test Assignments for quick self-assessment.
6. All symbols and notations as per the latest IUPAC guidelines.
7. Nomenclature of organic compounds based on the IUPAC Recommendations (1993).
8. Let us Say it Again-The Chapter Round Up (pointwise) for quick revision.
Table of Contents:
1 some basic concepts of chemistry
2 structure of atom
3 classification of elements and periodicity in properties
4 chemical bonding and molecular structure
5 states of matter : gases and liquids