About The Book Complex Variables And Special Functions
Authors aim is to make the readers easily understand the theory of complex variables. He explains this subject matter from a rudimentary to advanced level in a very simple manner.
Organized in two parts, this book explains exact definitions of different terms used by supplying worked-out examples wherever found necessary. A large number of examples have been solved in the book to acquaint the readers with different techniques. Furthermore, a large number of problems have been supplied with answers at the end of each chapter.
The first part of the book (Chapters 1 through 11) containing analysis of complex variables will be useful for the undergraduate students of engineering and science.
The second part of the book (Chapters 12 through 20) is written in complex domain and is targeted towards advanced level readers who are either pursuing postgraduate studies in Mathematics or research in Applied Mathematics. The first part is prerequisite for this section of the book.
Table of Contents:
1. Complex Numbers
2. Complex Variables and Regions of Complex Plane
5. Elementary and Multivalued Functions
7. Complex Sequence and Series
8. Zeros, Singularities and Residues
9. Application of Residues
10. Meromorphic Functions and Some Special Topics
11. Mapping or Transformation
12. The Gamma Function and Related Functions
13. Homogeneous Linear Ordinary Differential Equation
14. Fuchsian Type of ODE
15. The Hypergeometric Equation
16. Legendre Equation
17. Bessel Functions
18. Hermite Functions and Polynomials
19. Laguerre Polynomials
20. Chebyshev Polynomials