Classical Mechanics: Analytical Dynamics by R.N. Tiwari, B.S. Thakur
Intended as a text for postgraduate students of mathematics, this compact and well-organized book offers insights into the principles of classical mechanics and, in particular, deals with the problems of dynamical systems.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for M.Sc. students.
1. A fairly large number of worked-out examples are interspersed throughout the text to illustrate the application of the concepts to the problems discussed.
2. Miscellaneous Exercises are given at the end of the book to drill the students in self-study.
3. The text entirely covers UGC model curriculum for M.Sc. (Mathematics).
Table of Contents:
1. Review of Elementary Principles and Lagrange’s Equations of Motion.
2. Hamilton’s Canonical Equations and Poisson Bracket.
3. Calculus of Variation.
4. Hamilton’s Variational Principle.
5. Integral Invariants.
6. Canonical Transformations.
7. Hamilton–Jacobi Theory and Lagrange Bracket.
Answers to Miscellaneous Exercises.