Chemical Process Equipment : Design And Drawing (Volume I)
| About The Book Chemical Process Equipment
This text introduces the students and practicing engineers to the practices and standards of drafting the equipment used in chemical, food processing, polymer engineering, and pharmaceuticals processing industries. The textbook follows the Bureau of Indian Standards BIS 6961972 specifications and methodology of equipment drawing. It introduces to the symbolic representations of the equipment as used in the chemical, food processing and pharma industries. It provides the detailed drawings of some commonly used equipment that are repeatedly used in different sizes and shapes. Orthographic and assembled views are illustrated. Several assignments have been suggested for practicing the drawing.
In this second edition, a new chapter on computerized drawing method has been introduced. For this solid edge software has been used. Though the software itself guides the readers through the making of drawing of the parts and their assemblies, guidelines to use software is also given.
The text is intended for the undergraduate students of chemical and its related branches such as polymer engineering, petroleum engineering and pipeline engineering.
Table of Contents:
2. ESSENTIALS OF DRAWING
3. EQUIPMENT SYMBOLS
4. PROPORTIONATE DRAWINGS OF SOME PARTS OF EQUIPMENT
5. PROPORTIONATE DRAWINGS OF SOME COMMON EQUIPMENT
6. DIMENSIONED DRAWINGS OF SOME FITTINGS
7. DIMENSIONED DRAWINGS OF SOME PIPE FITTINGS
8. DIMENSIONED DRAWINGS OF SOME VALVES
9. DIMENSIONED DRAWINGS OF SOME PUMPS
10. INTRODUCTION TO COMPUTER AIDED DESIGN AND DRAWING
11. SOME COMPUTER AIDED DRAWINGS USING SOLID EDGE SOFTWARE