Chemical Engineering Fluid Mechanics by A. P. Kulkarni
It gives me great pleasure in publishing this book on Chemical Engineering Fluid Mechanics. Fluid Mechanics is the basic subject for many engineering disciplines - Mechanical, Civil, Chemical and allied branches. Therefore there are many books available on the subject written by eminent authors. But most of these books are focussed on Mechanical (e.g. Fluid Power, Aerodynamics) and Civil engineering (e.g. Hydraulics) applications. There are very few books focussed on applications of basic principles of fluid mechanics to chemical engineering problems. I have made sincere effort to write this book on Chemical engineering applications of fluid mechanics.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for Chemical, Petrochemical & Biotechnology Engineering students.
Table of Contents:
1. Introduction to Fluid Mechanics
2. Fluid Statics and its Applications (Hydrostatics)
3. Kinematics and Dynamics of Fluid Flow
4. Flow of Incompressible Fluids in Conduits
5. Boundary Layer Theory
6. Fluid Flow Past Immersed Bodies
7. Dimensional Analysis
8. Transportation and Metering of Fluids
9. Flow of Multiphase Mixtures