CBSE Living Science Biology For Class - X by D K Rao, J J Kaur
Biology is about understanding how living organisms work. During the last couple of centuries, our knowledge of Biology has grown at a staggering rate. Living Science ‘Biology’ for Class X conforms to the latest CBSE syllabus. The book contains all the material which is a part of the core syllabus.
We have written this book to give you a thorough introduction to Biology at the Secondary level. We have presented the various scientific concepts as vital, compelling and meaningful which might otherwise seem dull. Each part of this book has been carefully planned to make it student-friendly and present Biology in an interesting, understandable and enjoyable manner. We have tried to stress the applications of what you are learning so that you can relate the facts to the living world
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for class X students.
1. Learning becomes easy and purposeful if one is aware of the goals and targets of study. Thus, ‘Learning Objectives’ have been given in the beginning of each chapter to guide the learner about the concepts to be studied step by step. The Learning Objectives also provide an overview of the entire chapter.
2. Each section is followed by a self-test assignment in the form of ‘Check your progress’ to reinforce the concept. Each chapter contains several such assignments which students will find valuable to obtain feedback about their progress..
Table of Contents:
1. Life Processes (Nutrition, Respiration, Transportation And Excretion
2. Control And Coordination
3. Reproduction In Plants And Animals
4. Heredity And Evolution
5. Management Of Natural Resources
6. Our Environment
Some Line Diagrams For Practice