Bioinformatics: Genomics And Proteomics by Ruchi Singh
This is an innovative textbook for undergraduates as well as postgraduates offering basic knowledge of biology. Its aim is to provide state-of-the-art information about this developing science that has the potential to replace existing biological approaches to study genes and proteins. The chapters are explained in a concise yet detailed manner, including ample cross-references, references to literature and databases, tables and illustrations.
The book's sound approach to this intricately complex field makes it an exceptional resource for further exploration into biochemistry, molecular biology, genomics and drug designing fields. Abundant learning features make this book the ideal teaching and learning tool.
This is an in-depth textbook written for the biologist who wants a thorough understanding of the popular bioinformatics programs and molecular databases currently in use. It provides a broad, application-oriented overview of this technology.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for UG & PG Biology students.
1. Illustrations to bolster understanding of complex biochemical relations
2. Tables for quick access to precise data
3. Extensive end-of-chapter exercises and references
4. The most basic details furnished for those who are new to biology
5. User-friendly, Internet-based bioinformatics tools that allow researchers to extract information from databases and analyze it
6. Analysis of one software tool discussed in each chapter step-by-step from entering the input till interpretation of the results
Table of Contents:
1. Genomics Prologue
2. Sequencing Genomes
3. Genome Mapping
4. Gene Prediction and Analysis
5. Gene Expression and RNA Structure Prediction
6. Comparative Genomics
7. Proteomics Introduction
8. Protein Primary Structure Identification and Analysis Techniques
9. Protein Secondary Structure Prediction
10. Protein Tertiary Structure Prediction
11. Insilico Drug Designing