Basic Environmental Engineering And Elementary Biology (WBUT) by G. K. Dasmohapatra
The book 'Basic Environmental Engineering and Elementary Biology' has been written for the engineering students. It starts with basic concepts of ecology and concerns on environment. It then discusses how the spiralling rate of population growth and the requirements of human beings have led to large-scale deforestation, depletion of the ozone layer, creation of greenhouse effect, acid rain, smog and environmental pollution. The book equips students to manage environment-related issues by showing how technology can be used to control these problems.
This well thought-out book on one of the most talked about issues today, can serve as a ground for future environmentalists. It can also be a highly useful reference work for those interested in working towards a better and cleaner environment. Fundamental aspects of environmental principles have been explained in great detail, which can be used to manage environment and restore nature's balance.
|Audience of the Book :|
|This book Useful for engineering students.|
1. Brief but just discussion of concepts
2. A large number of solved examples
3. Questions with answers at the end of every chapter
4. MCQs with answers at the end of the book
|Table of Contents:|
3. Eco-System: Concept and Structure
4. Air Pollution and Control
5. Water Pollution and Conntrol
6. Land Pollution and Control
7. Noise Pollution and Control
8. Environmental Management