Advanced Strength Of Materials (For Polytechnic Students) by S. S. Bhavikatti
This book follows the polytechnic syllabus for mechanical branch. The subject is developed systematically, using simple language and a large number of figures. At the end of each chapter a set of problems are presented along with answers so that the students can check their ability to solve problems. To enhance the ability of students to answer semester questions and examinations, a set of descriptive type, fill in the blanks type, identifying true/ false type and multiple choice questions are also given.
It is written in SI units. Notations used are as per Indian standard codes. It is hoped that students of civil engineering branch will find this book useful for overall understanding of the course and exam preparedness.
|Audience of the Book :|
|This book Useful for Civil Engineering.|
1. 100 per cent coverage of new syllabus
2. Emphasis on practice of numerical for guaranteed success in exams
3. Lucidity and simplicity maintained throughout
4. Nationally acclaimed author of over 40 books
|Table of Contents:|
1. Strain Energy
2. Bending and Shear Stresses
3. Combined Bending and Direct Stresses
4. Principal Plains and Principal Stresses
5. Torsion of Solids and Hollow Circular Shafts