This up-to-date and contemporary book is designed as a first level undergraduate text on micro-processors for the students of engineering (computer science, electrical, electronics, telecommunication, instrumentation), computer applications and information technology. It gives a clear exposition of the architecture, programming and interfacing and applications of 8085 microprocessor. Besides, it provides a brief introduction to 8086 and 8088 Intel microprocessors.
The book focusses on :
• microprocessors starting from 4004 to 80586.
• instruction set of 8085 microprocessor giving the clear picture of the operations at the machine level.
• the various steps of the assembly language program development cycle.
• the hardware architecture of microcomputer built with the 8085 microprocessor.
• the role of the hardware interfaces: memory, input/output and interrupt, in relation to overall microcomputer system operation.
• peripheral chips such as 8255, 8253, 8259, 8257 and 8279 to interface with 8085 microprocessor and to program it for different applications.