- 40% Off₹225.00 ₹135.00Get this eBook
About The Book Environmental Studies
The natural environment of the earth, which includes grasslands, deserts, forests, oceans, rivers, beaches, and the atmosphere, has fallen prey to human intervention. This textbook meticulously throws light on how the elements of nature are being depleted and exhausted by the influence of technology, and how can we contribute towards conserving The Nature.
The book comprises seven chapters, and each chapter addresses an issue related to the environment. The issues like conservation of natural resources, maintaining a balance between the various ecosystems, and the biosphere are all dealt with efficiently. A chapter on Biodiversity explains how the diverse climatic conditions (arid deserts, rocky mountains, snowy glaciers) benefit the natural ecosystems processes and life-cycles.
The issues like pollution (land, water, air) and other social concerns like population are discussed along with the measures to control them. All the chapters are well-supported with illustrative tables and figures. The review questions are added to check students comprehension of the subject.
This textbook is designed as per the UGC model curriculum, and is intended for the undergraduate students of all disciplines.
Table of Contents:
1. NATURE OF ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES
2. NATURAL RESOURCES
5. ENVIRONMENTAL POLLUTION
6. SOCIAL ISSUES AND THE ENVIRONMENT
7. HUMAN POPULATION AND THE ENVIRONMENT
- Environmental Studies
- Ecology and Environmental Studies
- Environmental Studies : Basic concepts
- Environmental Studies ebook
- Environmental Studies And Ethics
- Environmental Studies: basic concepts, Second Edition
- Teacher Eligibility Test Environmental Studies (For Classes I-V)
- Golden Greens: the Amazing World of Plants
- Energy Audit : Thermal power, Combined cycle And Cogeneration Plants
- Energy Security and Economic Development in India: a holistic approach