| About The Book Wireless Communications
Designed as a textbook for the undergraduate students of electronics and communication engineering, electronics and electrical engineering, computer science and engineering, and information technology, this compact and well organized text presents many recent topics in the fastest growing field of communication.
This book is recommended in Guwahati University, Assam.
Beginning with an introduction to modern wireless communication systems, this text covers the basic concepts of cellular and capacity improvement in cellular systems, propagation mechanisms in wireless communication, fading channels, diversity techniques and wireless standards such as GSM, GPRS and UMTS. It concludes with a description on wireless LAN concepts and Bluetooth technology. This book also presents various important topics such as CDMA, MIMO, OFDM, smart antennas and MC-CDMA techniques that have emerged recently.
KEY FEATURES :
Provides worked out practical problems in cellular capacity improvement and wireless propagation.
Emphasizes the purpose of diversity and implementation issues.
Analyzes thoroughly the diversity combining techniques with probability density functions.
Gives step-by-step treatment on the evolution of wireless communi-cations till 4G.
Explains PAPR reduction in MC-CDMA.
Besides undergraduate students, this book will also be useful to the postgraduate students for the courses in wireless communication/mobile communication, researchers and practicing engineers in the field of wireless communication.
Table of Contents:
1. Wireless Communication
2. Cellular Concept
3. Cellular Capacity and Improvement Techniques
4. Wireless Propagation Mechanisms
5. Wireless Channel and Diversity
6. Combining Schemes and the Rayleigh Channel
7. Joint Probability Density Function of Two Correlated and Unbalanced Rayleigh Signals
8. Two-branch Selection Diversity in a Rayleigh Channel
9. Two-branch Maximal Ratio Combining in a Rayleigh Channel
10. Introduction to 4G Wireless Technologies and Smart Antennas
11. Introduction to MIMO Systems
12. Code Division Multiple Access
13. Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing
14. Multicarrier Code Division Multiple Access (MC-CDMA)
15. PAPR Reduction Techniques in MC-CDMA
16. Wireless Standards
17. Wireless LAN and Bluetooth
Appendix: ErlangB Table