| About The Book Wireless And Mobile Communication
This text provides comprehensive coverage of the fundamental aspects of wireless technology and brings into focus the recent developments in the field. It introduces the students to the various mobile communication standards, artificial intelligence techniques for mobility management, and the methods adopted for frequency management.
The book explains the cordless mobile systems and mobile computing and elaborates the satellite techniques essential for global mobile communication and co-channel interference to manage frequency reuse hazards. It deals with important design parameters of mobile communication system and discusses the various security measures adopted to prevent the irregularities in wireless networking. Wideband code division multi-access (WCDMA), Bluetooth technology, and the intelligent mobile communication system that provides better service quality are also described. Finally, the book discusses the fourth generation mobile communication system to provide user-controlled services, internetworking and reconfigurable technology.
The book includes a large number of solved problems to give a thorough grounding in the concepts. It also provides chapter-end exercises to test students understanding of the subject.
The text is designed for undergraduate students of electrical and electronics engineering, electronics and communication engineering, computer science and engineering, and information technology (IT).
Table of Contents:
2. INTRODUCTION TO TELEPHONE SYSTEMS
3. MOBILE COMMUNICATION
4. INTRODUCTION TO CELLULAR MOBILE COMMUNICATION
5. MOBILE COMMUNICATION STANDARDS
6. MOBILITY MANAGEMENT
7. FREQUENCY MANAGEMENT
8. CORDLESS MOBILE COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS
9. MOBILE COMPUTING
10. SATELLITES IN MOBILE COMMUNICATION
11. GLOBAL MOBILE COMMUNICATION
12. INTERFERENCES IN CELLULAR MOBILE COMMUNICATION
13. IMPORTANT PARAMETERS OF MOBILE COMMUNICATION
14. MOBILE INTERNET
15. WIRELESS NETWORK SECURITY
16. WIRELESS LOCAL LOOP ARCHITECTURE
17. WIRELESS APPLICATION PROTOCOL
18. WCDMA TECHNOLOGY AND FIBRE OPTIC MICROCELLULAR MOBILE COMMUNICATION
19. AD HOC AND BLUETOOTH TECHNOLOGY
20. INTELLIGENT MOBILE COMMUNICATION SYSTEM
21. FOURTH GENERATION MOBILE COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS
Solved Problems Appendices Index