The English Circle Workbook - 1 by Maria Chung
The English Circle is a set of 10 coursebooks (A, B, 1 to 8) and 8 corresponding workbooks (1 to 8) that combines the best of traditional methods with the most appropriate pedagogy to help students use English both accurately and ˜ uently. Based on the new curriculum of the Council for the Indian School Certiÿ cate Examination (CISCE), released in November 2016, the series is uniformly based on multiple themes. ˛ e focus of ˜ e English Circle is to sharpen the four basic language skills—Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing—through passages, poems, plays as well as tasks integrated in an exciting and a familiar context for today’s learners.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for class-1 students.
1. An attractive layout with colourful artwork
2. Inclusion of extracts from the timeless classics of English literature to the most contemporary ones
3. A rich variety of exercises with scope for individual activity, pair activity, group activity and classroom interaction as well as communication
4. Tasks which draw upon the student’s language competence to skim, scan, infer and analyse the text for global and inferential comprehension.
5. Coverage of all important concepts along with integrated practice and revision of language structures through simple deÿ nitions and examples.
6. Theme-based activities to hone creative skills.
Table of Contents:
1. Pakhi’s Grandparents
2. The Fishes
3. Varun’s Neighbourhood
5. How the Camel Got His Hump
6. The Red-Headed Woodpecker
7. The Crow and the Peacock
8. The Story of Magnet
9. Travelling, Travelling
10. The Story of a Pencil
11. Five Nasty Germs
12. The Hopping Kangaroo