In today’s corporate world, employee management is first and the foremost concern of any organization. An organization can easily churn out the best out of their employees by improvising the strategic development within the human resource norms. This book comprehensively discusses the strategic management functions that are designed to meet the business objectives effectively.
This textbook explains the concepts of human resource management (HRM) and human resource development (HRD), and shows how they supplement and complement each other. The book explicates how sourcing, retention, development, compensation and performance are driven by the strategic business needs in an organization.
Divided into four parts, the book explicates strategic developmental aspects of the people (training and development) vis-à-vis organizational behaviour, culture and leadership as well as primacy of technology in training as well as the concepts of human resource management and human resource development. The special feature of this book is a chapter on Competency Mapping, which is a tool to identify accurate skills for developing competency requirement within the employees.
This book is intended for the postgraduate students of Human Resource Development (MHRD). However, it will be equally useful for the students of Human Resource Management as well as the practising managers.
KEY FEATURES :
Interspersed with the cases from various national and international organizations
Presents key concepts for practical application of Human Resource Management techniques in actual business organizations
Review questions to check students’ comprehension of the subject
Part A: STRATEGIC HRM AND HRD
1. Strategy, Strategic HRD and Strategic HRM
2. Organizational Development
3. Human Resource Planning, Strategy and Training
4. Strategic Selection, Utilization and Retention of Human Resources
5. Competency Mapping
6. Strategy Oriented Performance Measurement Systems
Part B: TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
7. Strategic Training and Development
8. Technology Enabled Learning and Training Systems
Part C: ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOUR
9. The Individual and The Organization
10. Individual and The Group
11. Power and Influence
12. Organizational Climate and Human Resource Environment
13. Organization Structure and Design
14. Organizational Culture and Leadership
15. Strategic Motivation
16. Compensation Management
Part D: GLOBAL HRM
17. Global HRM and Challenges