The Second Edition of the book encompasses two new chapters—Strategic Cost Management and Business Ethics—A Strategic Financial Management Instrument. The book, being an augmented version of the previous edition, equips the young managers with the fundamentals and basics of strategic management and financial management in a cogent manner.
The text now provides a better orientation to the students on the topics like corporate restructuring, divestitures, acquisitions, and mergers in the global context with the help of examples and caselets.
The book has been revised keeping in view the requirements of postgraduate students of management and the students pursuing professional courses such as CA, MFC and CS. In addition, professionals working in the corporate sector may also find the book beneficial to integrate the financial management functions into business strategy and financial operations.
This book Useful for Management, CA & CS students.
1. Introduction to Strategic Financial Management
2. Strategic Cost Management
3. Business Ethics: A Strategic Financial Management Instrument
4. Strategic Planning and Financial Planning
5. Portfolio Tools
6. Mean Variance Analysis and Markowitz Modern Portfolio Theory
7. Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM)
8. Factor Models
9. Arbitrage Pricing Theory
10. Risk and Uncertainty
11. Investment Decision under Risk and Uncertainty
12. Corporate Strategy and High Technology Investment
13. Financial Analysis
14. Financial Models
15. Forecasting Financial Statements
16. Cross-Sectional Analysis of Financial Statement Information
17. Corporate Valuation
18. Value-based Management
19. Control, Governance and Financial Architecture
20. Corporate Restructuring
21. Mergers and Demergers
23. Buyback of Shares
24. Leveraged Buyouts
26. Financial Distress and Restructuring