Statistical Methods And Their Applications-I By M. Haj Meeral,M. Haj Meeral
The book provides a simple, clear and exhaustive treatment of the subject in simple non-mathematical format. The text in this volume covers the topics such as definition and meaning of the term statistics, measures of central tendency, measures of dispersion, meaning of probability, addition theorem, multiplication theorem, Bayes theorem, random variable and its moments, moment generating function, central limit theorem and Tchebecheve's inequality.
Audience of the Book :
This book has been designed for undergraduate students to meet the course on Statistical Methods and their Applications of B.Sc. Computer Science and B.Sc. Biochemistry curriculum of University of Madras.
The main features of the book are as follows:
1. Logical sequence of chapterisation.
2. Covers the theoretical, practical and applied aspects of statistics.
3. Elaborate discussion of each chapter.
4. Explains the principles in each chapter through appropriate illustrations.
5. List of questions and a set of exercise along with answer at the end of each chapter.
6. Previous years' university question papers at the end of book.
Table of Contents:
2. Measures of Central Tendency or Average
3. Measures of Dispersion
5. Random Variable