Solid State Physics By Ajay Kumar Saxena
The branches of Solid State Physics are developing very fast. This new edition has been extensively enlarged by including numerous new topics and thorough revision. The following topics are covered in this book: Graphite structure, Fullerenes, Carbon clusters and nanotubes, Polymers, Solid-solutions, Origin of dislocations and interaction between dislocations, crystallographic zone-axis, Electron diffraction and diffraction patterns, scattering by a unit cell, Mott-transition, Gunn effect and Gunn diode, Cyclotron resonance for semiconductors, photodiode and phototransistor, characteristics of an ideal dc SQUID, the first cuprate superconductor La2=x Mx CuO4 (ground state and phase diagram), variation of Tc with x in superconductor Y1Ba2Cu3O6+x.
Audience of the Book :
This book has been written keeping in mind the UGC syllabus. It would serve as a useful textbook for B.Sc (Hons.) and M.Sc students of Physics.
The main features of the book are as follows:
1. All topics are explained in an easy manner..
Table of Contents:
1. Crystal Structure
2. X-Ray Diffraction and Reciprocal Lattice
3. Crystal Imperfections
4. Bonding in Solids
5. Lattice Vibrations and Thermal Properties
6. Transport Properties
7. Band Theory
8. Fermi Surfaces
9. Semiconductors and Semiconductor Devices
10. Magnetic Properties
11. Dielectrics, Plasmons, Polarons and Polaritons
13. Elastic Constants of Crystals
14. Fabrication of Integrated Circuits