This book Useful for Sociology.
Preface and acknowledgements.
Contributors. Introduction/K.K. Bagchi.
1. Social research the perspectives for theory building/Afzal Hossain Mohammad Yasin and P.K. Sengupta.
2. Pure theory in economics deductive and inductive methods/Manas Dasgupta.
3. Cause and effect relationship in economics/Manas Dasgupta.
4. A note on the role of a Priori information in empirical research in social sciences/H.K. Chakrabarti.
5. Inter disciplinary approach in social science research some methodological issues reviewed/Tapas K. Roy Choudhury.
6. Knowledge sources and research process/Jagadish Chandra Debnath.
7. Economic development lessons from history/Jagadish Chandra Debnath.
8. Money and output level Keynesian and Monetarists methodologies/Chandan Kumar Mukhopadhyay.
9. Measurement of economic efficiency the frontier production function approach/Maniklal Adhikary.
10. Towards an operational definition of sustainable development/Milindo Chakrabarti.
11. Path analysis a tool of causal mechanism in multivariate analysis/Sushil Kumar Haldar.
12. Economic valuation of non market environmental goods an introduction/Tamas Ranjan Majumdar.
13. Doing research in government budget/Jayanta Kumar Goswami.
14. Ratio analysis as a method of assessing the financial performance of banks/Abdul Hadi.
15. Methodological issues in the study of regional disparities in development/Satyen Sarkar and Kanak Kanti Bagchi.
16. A practical guide to data collection some issues/S.K. Pathak.
17. Methodological issues in field surveys/S.K. Bhaumik.
18. The fieldworker and the field some methodological questions/Sanjay K. Roy.
19. Economic efficiency of farms in the districts of North Bengal the frontier production function approach/Maniklal Adhikary.
20. The Himul Dairy and its impact on the mobilisation of basic resources a case study/P.K. Datta.
21. Human development condition in Nepal Bhutan and Sikkim an evaluation/Subrata Debnath.
22. Format for theses and dissertation/Ramesh Prasad Adhikari.