Quantitative Aptitude For CAT by Disha Publication
Quantitative Aptitude forms a very important part of preparation of MBA aspirants. Not just the Quant section but it forms the backbone of the Data Interpretation, Data Sufficiency and Reasoning. Disha’s Quantitative Aptitude for CAT/ XAT/ IIFT/ CMAT/ MAT is a book focused on mastering techniques to crack these examinations. The book starts from a foundation level and moves to an expert level.
Audience of the Book :
This book is useful for CAT/ XAT/ IIFT/ CMAT/ MAT Exam.
• The complete book has been divided into 5 units (Numbers, Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry and Counting Principles) which have been further divided into 22 chapters.
• Each chapter includes detailed review of all the concepts involved with exhaustive number of well discussed Illustrations.
• The theory is followed by 3 levels of exercises Foundation Level, Standard Level and Expert Level. The detailed solution to each and every question has been provided immediately at the end of the 3 exercises.
• The book contains 22 Chapterwise Tests test Yourself on the basis of latest CAT pattern after the exercises in each chapter.
• At the end of the book 3 Mock Tests are provided based on the exact pattern of latest CAT exams. The solutions to the test are provided at the end of the tests.
• The book contains questions of past 5 years of CAT Exam.
Table of Contents:
Unit 1 Numbers
2. Number System
Unit 2 Arithmetic
6. Profit, Loss and Discount
8. Ratio, Proportion and Variation
9. Time and Work
10. Time, Speed and Distance
Unit 3 Algebra
12. Linear Equations
14. Quadratic and Cubic Equation
17. Set Theory
Unit 4 Geometry
20. Coordinate Geometry
Unit 5 Counting Principles
21. Permutation and Combinations
Unit 6 Basic Trigonometry
Each chapter contains:
• Theory with Illustrations
• Foundation Level Exercise
• Standard Level Exercise
• Expert Level Exercise
• Hints and Solutions to Exercises
• Test Yourself
• Solutions to Test Yourself