The era of nineties has created a new breed of entrepreneurs whose quest for finance is unending. The lending institutions, on the other hand, have become choosy due to, among other reasons, mounting Non-performing Assets (NPAs). All this has led to increased pressure on the availability of finance to the entrepreneurs. In this setting, careful consideration of Project Appraisal and Financing holds the key to survival.
Designed in this context, the book begins with explaining the project’s fundamentals—features, identification, and project life cycle. It goes on to explain and analyze project formulation, appraisal of promoters and management, market appraisal, technical appraisal, financial appraisal, project report, institutional risk assessment and financing decision. The book also focuses on the concepts of project management, overruns, post-completion performance evaluation and contemporary issues like infrastructural financing, and environmental impact assessment. All through the book, the emphasis is on critical analysis and decision-making.
Primarily intended for the students of MBA/PGDM/PGDBM and other allied courses such as MFC and MBE, the book will also be of immense value to the students of CA, CWA, CS, CFA, CPA and CAIIB. Besides, it will be equally beneficial for the executive development and in-company training programmes on project appraisal and financing. Project finance executives in consulting firms and lending institutions and banks will also be benefited from the book due to its practical orientation.
This book Useful for Management, CA, CS students.
Part 1: Foundation
1 Project Fundamentals: Features, Identification and Life Cycle
Part 2: Promoters and Management
2. Assessment and Appraisal of Promoters and Management
Part 3: Market Analysis and Appraisal
3. Market Analysis and Appraisal
4. Demand Forecasting
5. Product Pricing Decisions
Part 4: Technical Analysis and Appraisal
6. Technology and Know How Selection
7. Infrastructural Facilities and Inputs of Production
Part 5: Financial Analysis and Appraisal
8. Assessment of Cost of Project
9. Sources of Project Finance
10. Capital Subsidies and Incentives Available to New Projects and Taxation
11. Capital Structuring and Arranging Means of Finance
12. The Process of Marketing Projected Financial Statements
12A. A Project on Financial Projections and Appraisal: Merry-Con Aluminium Composite Panels Ltd.
13. Overall Financial Evaluation
13A. Project of Merry-Con Aluminium Composite Panels Ltd. Continued for Overall Financial Evaluation
14. Risk Management in Project Finance
14A. Project of Merry-Con Aluminium Composite Panels Ltd. Continued for Risk Management Through Sensitivity Analysis
Part 6: Project Report, Institutional Risk Assessment and Financing Decision
15. Project Report
16. Institution’s Overall Risk Assessment and Financing Decision
16A. Project of Merry-Con Aluminium Composite Panels Ltd. Continued for TLRAM and Term Loan Pricing
Part 7: Project Management, Overruns and Post-Completion Performance Evaluation
17. Project Management
18. Time and Cost Overruns and Over Run Financing
19. Post-Completion Performance Evaluation
Part 8: Some Specific and Contemporary Issues
20. Some Specific Issues
21. Issues in Infrastructure Financing
22. Environmental Impact Assessment