We, the authors are pleased to present this text book of Practical Physics for B.Sc. I, Punyashlok Ahilyadevi Holkar Solapur University, Solapur for Semester-I & II, for the first time in the market and care, therefore, has been taken, while preparing the text book, that it caters the needs not only of the students and teachers concerned, but it also creates interest and inquisitiveness about the subject in any person, who lays hand on it.
This book has been written strictly according to the guidelines of the CBCS pattern syllabus of B.Sc. I Practical Physics prescribed by Board of Studies in Physics, Punyashlok Ahilyadevi Holkar Solapur University, Solapur for Semester-I & II. It is our humble belief that the text books are among the invaluable resources for successful teaching – learning process, provided they are written within the framework of the aims and objectives laid down and hence this book is really the honest efforts in that direction.
This book Useful for B.Sc students.
Group I : General Physics And Heat
1. Bar pendulum
2. Bifilar pendulum
3. Torsional pendulum
4. Moment of inertia of disc by annular ring
5. Poisson's ratio
6. Surface tension of liquid by drop weight method
7. Viscosity by Stoke's method
8. Frequency of A.C. mains by magnetic wire
9. Frequency of A.C. mains by nonmagnetic wire
10. Thermal conductivity of any insulator by Lee's method.
11. Viscosity of water by Poiseuille's method
Group II : Electricity, Electronics And Optics
1. Use of spectrometer to determine angle of prism
2. Dispersive power of a prism
3. Diffraction grating to determine its grating element
4. Wavelength measurement of LASER by diffraction grating
5. Newton's rings
6. Photocell (Verification of inverse square law)
7. Bridge rectifier using p filter
8. Output characteristics of transistor amplifier in CE mode
9. Zener diode as a voltage regulator
10. Temperature coefficient of resistance of a copper wire