Practical Course In Physics B.Sc Part - I by Prof. S. V. Malgaonkar, Dr. M. M. Karanjkar, Prof. G. J. Navathe
It is a matter of satisfication to the authors in bringing out this book entitled "Practical- Course in Physics for B.Sc.-I. Realising the need of students and teachers the book is written in accordance with the requirements of syllabus of B.Sc.-I Practical of Shivaji University, Kolhapur.
It is our great pleasure to give this book, at the hands of students and teachers. The purpose of this practical book is to provide up-to-date study of various experiments. The presentation given in the book certainly guide the student in writing the journal.
All efforts have been made to use simple, accurate and scientific language throughout the book. Long teaching experience of the authors and a large number of source-books have helped in bringing the exactness in the book. Sufficient number of oral questions have been included at the end of each experiment to make it reasonably self sufficient.
Honourable attempts have been made to present error free book. Yet some mistakes may have inadvertently crept in. Valuable suggestions from students, teachers are welcome for bringing out subsequent editions.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for B.Sc Students.
Table of Contents:
1. Moment of Inertia of a Disc using Annular Ring
2. Bifilar Pendulum
3. Kater's Pendulum
4. Poisson's Ratio for Rubber
5. Y by Bending
6. Surface Tension (Jaeger's Method)
7. Viscosity by Flow Through Capillary Tube
8. Temperature Coefficient of Resistance
9. Frequency of A.C. by Sonometer Wire
10. Exponential Decay of Amplitude
11. Calibration of Spectrometer
12. Newton's Rings
13. Plane Diffraction Grating
14. Refractive Index of Liquid by Liquid Lens
15. Impedance of LCR Series Circuit
16. Bridge Rectifier
17. Zener Diode as a Voltage Regulator
18. Transistor Characteristics
19. Verification of Kirchhoff's Laws
20. Verification of Thevenin's Theorem