We feel delighted in presenting the revised “A Text Book of Practical Botany” for S. Y. B. Sc. students & teachers of Kavayitri Bahinabai Chaudhari, North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon. It includes practicals based on (BOT- 401 AND 402) prescribed by B.O.S. in Botany, North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon.
This practical manual furnishes its level best, for the practical information required for completion of practical syllabus of S. Y. B. Sc. Botany Kavayitri Bahinabai Chaudhari, North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon. We are confident that this book will prove a feasible assistance to the students and teachers while working in the laboratory. Adequate care has been taken regarding the correctness of the diagrams drawn and matter written in a manual to eliminate the routine error as far as possible. This book is fairly illustrated and many possible details have been incorporated.
This book Useful for B.Sc Student.
1. Study of the following with the help of P.S./ Photographs
i) T. S. Of Microsporangium (Anther)
ii) Tapetum – a) Amoeboid b) Secretory
2. Study of types of ovules with the help of P.S. / Photographs as per theory
3. Study of different kind of Embryo SAC with the help of Permanent Slides/Photographs.
4. Mounting of embryo from suitable seeds (Cucumis/Cymopsis/Citrus).
5. Study of structure of dicot and monocot seed
6. Study of seed dispersal mechanism
1. Winged – Moringa, Hiptage
2. Parachute – Pappus (Tridax)
3.Hair - Calotropis
7. To study the activity of catalase and study the effect of pH and enzyme concentration
8. To study the effect of light intensity on O2 evolution in photosynthesis
9. To study the effect of bicarbonate concentration on O2 evolution in photosynthesis
10. Comparison of rate of respiration in any two parts of plant by using ganong’s respirometer
11. Separation of amino acids by paper chromatography
12. Demonstration Experiments