We feel delighted in presenting the revised “A Text Book of Practical Botany” for S. Y. B. Sc. students & teachers of Kavayitri Bahinabai Chaudhari, North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon. It includes practicals based on (BOT- 301 AND 302) prescribed by B.O.S. in Botany, North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon.
This practical manual furnishes its level best, for the practical information required for completion of practical syllabus of S. Y. B. Sc. Botany Kavayitri Bahinabai Chaudhari, North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon. We are confident that this book will prove a feasible assistance to the students and teachers while working in the laboratory. Adequate care has been taken regarding the correctness of the diagrams drawn and matter written in a manual to eliminate the routine error as far as possible. This book is fairly illustrated and many possible details have been incorporated.
This book Useful for B.Sc Student.
1. Study of Meristems (Permanent Slides/ Photographs)
2. Study of Simple Tissues: Parenchyma, Collenchyma and Sclerenchyma (Permanent Slides / Photographs).
3. Study of Macerated Xylem and Phloem Elements. (Permanent Slides / Photographs).
4. Study of Dicot Leaf (Sunflower) and Monocot Leaf (Maize). (Permanent Slides / Photographs).
5. Study of Primary Structure of Dicot Stem (Sunflower) and Monocot (Maize) Stem.
6. Study of Primary Structure of Dicot Root (Sunflower) and Monocot Root (Maize) (P. S.)
7. Study of Secondary Growth Structure in Dicot Stem and Root (Sunflower)
8. Study of Trichomes and Stomata with the help of Locally Available Plant Materials.
9. To Determine DPD by using the Potato Tuber.
10. Determination of Osmotic Potential of Plant Cell Sap by Plasmatic Method
11. To Study the Effect of Two Environmental Factors (Light And Wind) on Transpiration by Excised Twig.
12. Qualitative Assessment of Minerals in Plant Ash (Any Two from Macro and Micro Elements).
13. Demonstration Experiments
14. Demonstration Experiments