In this edition two new chapters are added to cover the syllabus. They are : (1) Modeling and (2) Measuring Instruments. A few missing items of first edition and some recent developments are accounted in Appendix. The author acknowledges his gratitude to all the users and readers and publishers whose encouragement has made it possible for this second edition to see the light of the day. The author is thankful to Prof. N.K. Roy of I.I.T., Kharagpur, Chemical Engineering department for the modeling chapter. My colleague Mr. T.K. Sen is also to be thanked for providing some solved problems and also for going through proofs.
This book Useful for Chemical Engineering Students.
1. General, Technical terms, Overall understanding Mathematics in Instrumentation and Control, Science of Automatic Control, Process
Characteristics and Process Dynamics
2. Types of Control-Actions, Feedback Control
3. Transient Respnse, Stability Methods
4. Controllers, Control Valves, Instrument Characteristics and Transmission
5. Measuring Instrument-I
6. Signal Flow Graphs, Modern Control Theory, Conversion of Experimental Data, Idea of Advanced Topics in Process Control
7. Measuring Instruments-II, Instrumentation Diagrams
9. Digital (Computer) Control
10. Quiz Questions and Answers, Gate Questions
11. Experiments in Instruments and Control
Appendix-A -Conversion of Units and Constants
-Summary of Equations