Indian agriculture is at cross-roads. The Green Revolution becoming a Greed Revolution resulted in ecological crisis and lead to a technology fatigue. The Prime Minister called for alternatives to enhance produc-tion through smallholders and in rainfed areas.
The natural resources that support production systems are continuously degrading. This is more so in the rainfed eco-system. Unless this malady is corrected, even the improved genetic material will fail to show up its potential.
This book Useful for Environmental Science.
1. Importance of Rainfed Agriculture
2. Management of Semiarid Ecosystems
3. Development of Agriculture in Arid Ecosystem
4. Management of High Rainfall Hilly Areas and Palins
5. Changing Paradigms in Land Management
6. Watershed Approach for Better Natural Resource Management
7. Climate Change: Natural Resources on Global Agenda
8. Sustainable Rainfed Agriculture
9. Seeds of Choice for Sustainable Agriculture
10. Ecological Farming: A Non-Chemical Agriculture Production System
11. Drought: Impact and Management
12. Future R&D Need for Improving Rainfed Agriculture