He was called for his service to the motherland. He reciprocated immediately. Giving up all familial relationships, he partook in a rigorous training programme that was a true test of his heart, body, mind and soul. Fighting off his cowardly hopes of quitting the organization so as to avoid the ordeal, he was finally made battle ready.
Slipped into enemy territory, his espionage attempts met with complete success. However luck soon turned against him, as during his third mission he was seized by the enemy camp and imprisoned. He was subjected to absolute third degree torture and only miraculously, and albeit divinely, escaped the contours of death on more that one occasion.
But he continued to strive towards seeing his own country once again. He looked forward to coming back home. And one day, God gave him that chance. He returned to the border once again, so that he could be united with his fellow countrymen.
This book Useful for Leisure Read.
1. The Summer of 1965
2. Bhimsen Comes Calling
3. Co Saab and Ustadji
4. Induction and the ‘Old Man’
5. My Mother Joins Me in the Prayers
6. My Training Starts
7. Launching the Mission
8. Mission 1, 2 And 3…
9. Into a Dark and Deep Abyss (18th September, 1966)
10. Police Station Kasoor
11. Under the Pakistani Army’s Quarter Guard
12. The Shahi Quila
13. Magistrate Faisal Tehseen Memon and His Style of Voluntary Confession
14. Central Jail Lahore
15. Kasoor Sub Jail
16. ‘Kasoori’ – Jail Mian Wali
17. The Court Martial and Shuttling from Mianwali to Kot Lakhpat and Back
18. Some Insights into ‘Real Politik’ Gained in The Jails of Pakistan
19. The War of 1971 and a Frightful Journey from Mianwali to Multan
20. Turbulent Times Again: Multan Centra Jail
21. Back to Mianwali
22. Silverline on the Horizon
23. The Party Begins
24. Freedom dawns at Long Last
25. Mera Bharat Mahan: My India is Great