Microeconomics by Sampat Mukherjee, Mallinath Mukherjee And Amitava Ghose
The text is based on the model UGC syllabus and the chapters confirm to the UGC modules, which will greatly benefit the students. The authors present a masterly analysis of important topics such as the role of price mechanism and market equilibrium, factor pricing, and the concept of social welfare functions. The text emphasizes some of the current topics, for example, international financial environment, globalization, market failure and externality, public goods and rational expectation hypothesis.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for Management,IAS,IES students.
1. The book contains both numerical and logical questions at the end of each chapter.
2. Each chapter is followed by a list of major concepts and their brief elaborations.
3. Charts and diagrams have been frequently used to complement textual analysis.
4. Some numerical problems are worked out on important topics.
Table of Contents:
2. Elasticities of Demand and Supply.
3. Consumer's Behaviour.
5. Costs of Production.
6. Perfect Competition.
8. Imperfect Competition.
9. An Introduction to Factor Pricing and Income Distribution.
14. Investment Analysis.
15. Welfare Economics.