| About The Book Maintenance Engineering And Management
Maintenance of equipment, machinery systems and allied infrastructure comprises the ways and means of optimizing the available resources of manpower, materials, tools and test equipment, within a set of constraints, to help achieve the targets of an organization by minimizing the downtimes. Whether the goal is to produce and sell a product at a profit or is simply to perform a mission in a cost-effective manner, the maintenance principles discussed in this text apply equally to all such types of organizations. In consonance with the growth of the industry and its modernization and the need to minimize the downtimes of machinery and equipment, the engineering education system has included maintenance engineering as a part of its curriculum.
This second edition of the book continues to focus on the basics of this expanding subject, with a broad discussion of management aspects as well, for the benefit of the engineering students. It explains the concept of a maintenance system, the evaluation of its maintenance functions, maintenance planning and scheduling, the importance of motivation in maintenance, the use of computers in maintenance and the economic aspects of maintenance. This book also discusses the manpower planning and energy conservation in maintenance management. Presented in a readable style, the book brings together the numerous aspects of maintenance functions emphasizing the importance of this discipline in the engineering education.
In this edition a new chapter titled, Advances in Maintenance (Chapter 21), has been included to widen the coverage of the book.
Besides the students of engineering, especially those in streams of mechanical engineering and its related disciplines such as mining, industrial and production, this book will be useful to the practising engineers as well.
Table of Contents:
|Preface Preface to the First Edition|
1. MAINTENANCE CONCEPT
2. PLANNED PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE
3. MAINTENANCE EVALUATION
4. CONDITION MONITORING
5. MAINTENANCE PLANNING AND SCHEDULING
6. MOTIVATION IN MAINTENANCE
7. COMPUTERS IN MAINTENANCE
8. RELIABILITY IN MAINTENANCE
9. DEVELOPMENT OF MAINTENANCE PRACTICES
10. ECONOMIC ASPECTS OF MAINTENANCE
11. ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE OF MAINTENANCE
12. MAINTENANCE EQUIPMENT AND FACILITIES
14. LUBRICANTS AND MAINTENANCE
15. MAINTENANCE MATERIAL, PLANNING AND CONTROL
16. DECISION MAKING IN MAINTENANCE
17. ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ON MAINTENANCE
18. MANPOWER PLANNING FOR MAINTENANCE
19. ENERGY CONSERVATION AND MAINTENANCE
20. MAINTENANCE OF MECHANICAL AND ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS
21. ADVANCES IN MAINTENANCE