We feel pleasure in presenting the book Modern s abc ofObjective Chemistry for students appearing in Karnataka-CET and COMED K's examinations and other board examinations for entrance to different engineering and other professional colleges. The book has been thoroughly revised in accordance with the changing trends of different examinations and suggestions of worthy teachers and allmydear students.
This provides thorough discussion on the chapter emphasising all the important formulae, facts and terms. This can serve as quick revision of the chapter before the examination. This part has been revised and enriched with new materials,Key points, Learning Plus, Facts toMemorise, In Focus etc.
This book has been prepared strictly in accordance with syllabus and guidelines for Karnataka CET and COMED-K. It fulfils the needs of the students aspiring for selection in competitive examinations.
This is yet another new feature of this revised edition. Revision tests are given at the end of each chapter. These will help students to check their performance after they have gone through the chapters. Eight unit evaluation tests are given at the end of each unit. Five mock test papers covering the complete syllabus are also given at the end of the book. All these will provide sufficient materials to students for practice during their preparation.
1.Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
2. Structure of Atom
3. Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
4. Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
5. States of Matter
8. Redox Reactions
10. Chemistry of S- Block Elements
11. Organic Chemistry : Some Basic Principles
12. Isomerism in Organic Compounds
13. Purification and Characterisation of Organic Compounds
15. Environmental Pollution
16. The Solid State
19. Chemical Kinetics
20. Surface Chemistry
21. General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
22. Chemistry of p-Block Elements
23. Chemistry of d- and f-Block Elements
24. Coordination Compounds
25. Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
26. Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
27. Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
28. Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
31. Chemistry in Everyday Life