From aggressive, devious neighbours to well-armed internal insurgents, the list of those taking aim at our nation is long. Our morally bankrupt political system and blinkered bureaucracy only compounds the mess. As the editor of Indian Defence Review, Bharat Verma lives by a simple philosophy: ‘Don’t give me a list of problems, give me solutions.’ Solutions are what he offers in this sequel to Fault Lines, a compilation of his writings since then. From ways to counter China’s imperial ambitions, to why a splintered Pakistan is in India’s interest.
This book Useful for Leisure Read.
2. Develop cutting edge Defence Industries
3. Nervous China may attack India
4. India must counter China’s imperial ambitions
5. Unprepared and unwilling
6. Offensive Orientation
7. Blueprint to tackle the Maoists
8. China’s ‘New Cold War’ puts democracies in danger
9. The danger from China: 2011–2014
10. Defence Budget: Tinkering with commas and full stops
11. If Pakistan splinters…
12. Shrinking military capabilities
13. Defence technologies key to India’s security
14. Why New Delhi is unable to prevent terrorist attacks?
15. Game plan for return of Musharraf
16. The myths on Pakistan
17. Is Memogate scandal planted by ISI?
18. IAF: From 'bullock cart' to 'Mercedez Benz'
19. Pakistan at war with itself
20. Iran-Israel spat: National interest is supreme
21. Abu Jundal: New Delhi must change as Islamabad will never!
22. Time New Delhi calls Islamabad’s Bluff!
23. Strategic assertion indispensable for India’s survival
24. Honeytrap or media bashing of the Army?
25. Lessons from Kargil
26. Pakistan’s cyber war on India
27. 1962: The Nehruvian Blunder
28. End the neglect of the Military
29. Chinese Are Coming...