ICSE Mathematics For Class - V by R. M. Bhandari, Ritu Sharma
This book aims at making Math fun and interesting for students. To ensure that all concepts are easy to understand, each concept is carefully explained through solved examples. There are also many llustrations in each chapter to keep the students engaged and to keep the content relatable to daily life. The purpose of redesigning this series is also to make the students develop a fondness for the subject and to arouse their interest in the subject.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for Class V Students.
1. Each concept has been introduced in a very simple manner using a lot of illustrations and solved examples.
2. Every chapter is divided into smaller sub units followed by separate practice exercises to hone the mathematical skills of the students.
3. A lot of 'Remember' and 'Did You Know' have been included to make the students curious and inquisitive.
4. The story sums have given to remove the fear of the word 'problem' so that the students can solve them easily and with interest.
5. Review exercises after every chapter help in strengthening the concepts learnt in the chapter.
Table of content:
1. Number System
2. Operation on Numbers
3. Factors and Multiples
4. H.C.F. and L.C.M.
7. Operations on Decimals
8. Simplification of Numericals Expressions
9. Rounding Numbers
10. Ratio and Unitary Method
13. Profit and Loss
14. Speed, Distance and Time
15. Simple Interest
17. Fundamentals of Algebra and Integers
18. Roman Numerals
19. Fundamental Concepts in Geometry
21. Length, Weight and Capacity
22. Perimeter and Area
24. Data Handling
Practice Paper-I, II