ICSE Biology Book-II For Class X
ICSE Biology Book-II For Class X by Sarita Aggarwal
This edition of ICSE Biology (Book II for Class X) has been revised and upgraded to a bigger size with an attractive two-colour set-up. It has been thoroughly updated in accordance with the latest syllabus prescribed by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE), New Delhi for the students of Class X. In this edition, I have made various additions, which the biology students shall find immensely useful as per their latest examination requirements
The main features of the book are as follows:
1. The book is written in a simple lucid language and easy-to-understand style.
2. Subject matter (encompassed in the well-etched fifteen chapters) is written in such a way that makes the scientific concepts clear and understandable.
3. All the chapters contain new material as per the latest syllabus.
4. A totally new chapter on Pollution (as per the fresh incorporation in the latest syllabus) has been added to cater to the needs of the students. They shall get comprehensive information on burning topics like greenhouse effect, global warming, ozone depletion, etc.
5. Important information has largely been in tabular and point - wise form to provide quick learning and easy grasp of the topic.
6. Well-labelled illustrations, diagrams, tables, figures and experiments have been given to support the text wherever necessary.
7. At the end of each chapter, Key Terms have been given for quick summary of the chapter.
8. A variety of Review Questions, according to the latest examination pattern, has been provided for adequate practice.
Table of Contents:
1. Cell Cycle and Cell Division
2. Structure of Chromosome
3. Genetics : Mendel’s Laws of Inheritance and Sex-linked Inheritance of Diseases Plant Physiology
4. Absorption by Roots
5. Ascent or Rise of Water
6. Transpiration, Process and Significance
8. Circulatory System
9. Human Excretory System
10. Nervous System
11. Endocrine System
12. Reproductive System
14. Physical Health and Hygiene
ICSE 2013 Biology Paper (Solved)
ICSE 2014 Biology Paper (Solved)