The main features of the book are as follows:
1. The book is written in a simple lucid language and easy-to-understand style.
2. Subject matter (encompassed in the well-etched fifteen chapters) is written in such a way that makes the scientific concepts clear and understandable.
3. All the chapters contain new material as per the latest syllabus.
4. A totally new chapter on Pollution (as per the fresh incorporation in the latest syllabus) has been added to cater to the needs of the students. They shall get comprehensive information on burning topics like greenhouse effect, global warming, ozone depletion, etc.
5. Important information has largely been in tabular and point - wise form to provide quick learning and easy grasp of the topic.
6. Well-labelled illustrations, diagrams, tables, figures and experiments have been given to support the text wherever necessary.
7. At the end of each chapter, Key Terms have been given for quick summary of the chapter.
8. A variety of Review Questions, according to the latest examination pattern, has been provided for adequate practice.