Fundamentals Of Statistics by D.N.Elhance, Veena Elhance, B.M.Aggarwal
This book is an attempt to furnish a simple text for those who desire to equip themselves with the knowledge of the elementary statistical methods used in modern times. The book has been written specifically to meet the requirements of undergraduate Students of Delhi University.
1. Each exercise of unsolved questions is supplemented with complete solution which will help the students as well as the teachers.
2. Efforts have been made to cover the latest university question papers of Delhi Universityand some other Indian universities.
3. All the important Concepts have been explained in detail.
4. A large number of questions have been given at the end of each chapter with a view to help the students in solving numerical problems and, thus, familiarising themselves with different type of formulae used in statistical analysis.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for Law, Commerce, Business and Management Student.
Table of Content:
1. Introduction to Statistics
2. Importance of Statistics in Different Fields
3. Measures of Central Tendency
4. Measures of Variation : (Or Dispersion)
5. Moments, Skewness and Kurtosis
6. Probability and Mathematical Expectation
7. Probability Distributions
8. Decision Theory
9. Correlation and Regression Analysis
10. Index Numbers
11. Time Series
12. Sampling Theory and Testing of Hypothesis