| About The Book Fundamentals Of Electricity And Magnetism
Primarily intended as a textbook for undergraduate students of Physics, this book provides a comprehensive coverage of electricity and magnetism.
Organised in 12 chapters, the text is developed based on the vast experience of the author. The book begins with mathematical preliminaries that deal with vector algebra. The text encompasses a wide range of topics, such as electrostatics, current electricity, magnetism and magnetic effect of current. It gives a thorough treatment of electromagnetic induction, varying current, alternating current and their applications. The book lucidly explains heating effect of current, thermoelectricity, theory of magnetism, semiconductors and superconductivity. The topics such as Maxwells equations, electromagnetic waves, plasma state of matter, discharge of electricity through gases and magnetohydrodynamics are also elaborately dealt with. The book features a lot of worked-out problems in chapters as well as chapter-end review exercises which will enable students to get a more in-depth understanding of key concepts.
Table of Contents:
0. Mathematical Preliminaries
2. Current Electricity
3. Magnetism and Magnetic Effects of Current
4. Electromagnetic Induction and Applications
5. Varying Current and Applications
6. Alternating Current and Applications
7. Heating Effect and Thermoelectricity
8. Theory of Magnetism
9. Semiconductors and Devices
11. Electrodynamics and Electromagnetic Waves
12. Electric Discharge through Gases and Magnetohydrodynamics