The subject matter is presented in a very systematic and logical manner. Every endeavour has been made to make the contents as simple and lucid as possible. Emphasis has been laid on making the concepts clear. Lot of pains and concentration on the part of the author has gone in solving the examples in the best possible way. In providing the solution of the problems, care has been taken not to miss even minor step so that the students can follow the subject even without the guidance of the teacher.
The main features of the book are as follows:
1. The book contains fairly large number of solved examples from question papers of examinations recently conducted by different universities and Engineering Colleges.
2. More than 600 objective type questions are added in this Book.
1. ELEMENTARY ROW AND COLUMN TRANSFORMATION
2. RANK OF MATRIX
3. CONSISTENCY OF LINEAR SYSTEM OF EQUATIONS AND THEIR SOLUTION
4. EIGEN VALUES, EIGEN VECTOR, CAYLEY HAMILTON THEOREM, DIAGONALISATION
5. LEIBNITZ’S THEOREM
6. PARTIAL DIFFERENTIATION
7. CHANGE OF VARIABLES
8. CURVE TRACING
9. EXPANSION OF FUNCTION OF SEVERAL VARIABLES
11. APPROXIMATION AND ERRORS
12. EXTREMA OF FUNCTIONS OF SEVERAL VARIABLES, LAGRANGE’S METHOD OF MULTIPLIERS
13. DOUBLE INTEGRALS
14. CHANGE OF ORDER AND CHANGE OF VARIABLE
15. AREA AND VOLUME (By Double Integration)
16. TRIPLE INTEGRATION
17. GAMMA, BETA FUNCTION
18. VECTOR DIFFERENTIATION (POINT FUNCTION, GRADIENT, DIVERGENCE AND CURL OF A VECTOR AND THEIR PHYSICAL INTERPRETATIONS)
19. VECTOR INTEGRATION