Essentials Of Physics Volume - II by Sanjay Moreshwar Wagh, Dilip Abasaheb Deshpande
Essentials of Physics is a comprehensive study of the fundamental concepts that form the basis of Physics.
A sequel to Volume one, this book provides a detailed coverage of all the basic concepts of Physics like optics, electromagnetism, electric circuits, and atomic spectra. The topics are dealt with logically, emphasizing the role of mathematics and statistics into them. Each chapter is dealt with a separate phenomenon, that is further supported by mathematical equations and their derivations and solved examples. The figures and tables are added to give an analytical insight to the concepts explained.
The book is designed specifically for the introductory-level college physics courses. Besides, it will be equally suitable for the students preparing for various competitive examinations.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for B.Sc Student
1. Contains Numerical Problems and Multiple Choice Questions to check students’ comprehension on the subject.
2. Includes Appendices on data, symbols, and important results used in Physics and Mathematics.
Table of Contents:
1. Geometrical Optics or Ray Optics
2. Dispersion of Light and Aberration
3. Wave Theory and Interference
4. Diffraction of Light
5. Polarization of Light
6. Optical Instruments
7. Speed of Light
9. Static Electricity I
10. Static Electricity II
11. Electric Current, Resistivity and Conductivity
12. EMF and Current
13. Magnetism I
14. Magnetism II
15. Inductance, and Alternating Electrical Quantities
16. Thermoelectricity and Chemical Effects of Electric Current
17. Electromagnetic Waves
18. Atomic Spectra and the Structure of Atom
19. What Kind of Physical Body is Light?
Appendix A Some Advance Topics
Appendix B Multiple Choice Questions
Appendix C Questions asked in the Competitive Examinations
Appendix D Supplementary Material
Answers to Problems