| About The Book Engineering Mathematics Volume 2
This book is designed to serve as a basic text for the first-year undergraduate students of all branches of engineering for a course in engineering mathematics.This text covers applications of linear differential equations, series solution of the second order differential equations, Bessel functions, Legendre equations, applications of Laplace transforms and the Fourier series. It also discusses the applications of partial differential equations in an easy-to-comprehend manner. All the topics are discussed systematically and the emphasis has been laid on making the concepts clearer.
Provides numerous worked-out examples to help students learn the skill of problem solving.
Offers extensive opportunities for students to practice through numerous objective-type questions.
Includes selected problems asked in examinations (with their solutions).
Table of Contents:
Unit I: DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS
1. Differential Equations of First Order
2. Linear Differential Equations of nth Order with Constant Coefficient
3. Linear Differential Equations of Second Order and Simultaneous Equations
4. Application of Linear Differential Equations
Unit II: SERIES SOLUTIONS AND SPECIAL FUNCTIONS
5. Series Solution of Second Order Differential Equations
6. Bessel Functions
7. Legendre Functions
Unit III: LAPLACE TRANSFORM
8. Laplace Transform
9. Inverse Laplace Transform
10. Applications of Laplace Transform
Unit IV: FOURIER SERIES AND PARTIAL DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS
11. Fourier Series
12. Introduction to Partial Differential Equations (PDE)
Unit V: PARTIAL DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS
13. Applications of Partial Differential Equations