Corporate Governance - A Practical Handbook With Exhaustive Commentary On Clause 49 Of The Listing Agreement by Dr. K. R. Chandratre, Dr. A. N. Navare
“Corporate governance" is the current buzzword in India as well as the world over; it has become a matter of public interest around the world. The recommendations of the Kumarmangalam Birla Committee on Corporate Governance have been implemented by the SEBI through the Listing Agreement. Clause 49 enjoins on all listed companies to implement and comply with its requirements relating to corporate governance.
This book mainly focuses on the practical needs of the directors and executives of the listed companies who are concerned with the compliance with the Code set out in Clause 49. Part II of the book contains a detailed analytical and explanatory commentary on the contents of Clause 49 with the help of contemporary provisions of the Companies Act and case law. A number of specimens and formats given at the end of the Commentary would be of great practical assistance to the users of the book. One of the specimens given is the model Code of Conduct for Directors and Senior Executives. The book would prove to be an indispensable guidebook of practical value for day-to-day use.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for BBA, B.Com, CA, CS students.
1. Overview of Corporate Governance
2 Some Important Reports on Corporate Governance — Highlights
3 Board of Directors and Independent Directors vis-a-vis Corporate Governance
4. Board Committees and their Role, Responsibilities and Functions
5. Perspectives of Corporate Governance
6. Important Issues in Corporate Governance
7. Stakeholders and Balancing Process of Stakeholders Interests
8. Corporate Governance — Present and Future
9. Corporate Governance Code under Clause 49 of the Listing Agreements of Stock Exchanges