Concise Dictionary Of Medical Terms by Sakshi Jain
The idea for this dictionary on medical terms originated as an extension to the reference books that V&S Publishers has brought out on physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics, general science, economics, and commerce. These dictionaries will serve as a side-table reference tool for medical students, healthcare workers, paramedics and professionals, and as a first-hand home medical guide for anyone seeking to understand the meaning of terms used in medical science.
This illustrated dictionary contains over 10,000 authoritative entries covering all aspects of medical science and practice. It covers all important terms used in medicine including pharmacology, obstetrics & gynaecology, and psychology & psychiatry, in simple language. For easy reference terms have been arranged alphabetically in a Jargon-free style.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for Medical Students.
1. Many entries contain cross reference for added clarity of the 'term' used
2. Tables, graphs, illustrations, and diagrams accompany the terms, where required
3. Popular words from other systems of treatments, viz, Yoga also included
4. Appendices include biochemical reference values for blood, urine, faeces, haematology & paediatrics, baby milk formulas.
5. A list showing the Nobel Prize winners in medicine from 1901 to 2012 is also included
6. Useful for practicing doctors, healthcare professionals and students appearing for NEET, AIIMS and other medical entrance examinations besides school students and general readers.