1. Many entries contain cross reference for added clarity of the 'term' used
2. Tables, graphs, illustrations, and diagrams accompany the terms, where required
3. Popular words from other systems of treatments, viz, Yoga also included
4. Appendices include biochemical reference values for blood, urine, faeces, haematology & paediatrics, baby milk formulas.
5. A list showing the Nobel Prize winners in medicine from 1901 to 2012 is also included
6. Useful for practicing doctors, healthcare professionals and students appearing for NEET, AIIMS and other medical entrance examinations besides school students and general readers.