Concepts And Numericals In Chemistry by S. K. Kundra
The persistent demand by teachers and students for a satisfactory book dealing with problems in chemistry virtually forced me to make up my mind to write this book. Their suggestions and comments regarding the style, matter, depth of matter, variety of numericals, examination questions and unit of physical quantities to be included in the book were taken kind note of an incorporated in the book. I, therefore, sincerely hope that I have written and presented the book to the liking of most of the students and teachers, and this work will be appreciated by all.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for Chemistry Students.
1. Basic requirements and important points are discussed in the beginning of each concept.
2. Systematic procedure is followed in solving each numerical
3. A large variety of problems have been solved.
4. IUPAC system (SI units) has been adopted throughout
Table of Content:
1. Atomic Structure
2. Photo-Electric Effect
3. de-Broglie Relation
4. Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle
5. The Solid State
6. Structures of Ionic Compounds
7. Limiting Radius Ratios
9. Raoult's Law
10. Elevation of Boiling Point and Depression in Freezing Point
11. Osmotic Pressure
12. Van't Hoff Factor and Abnormal Molecular Masses
13. Chemical Thermodynamics
14. Bond Energy
16. Free Energy
17. Free Energy, Equilibrium Constant and Cell-potential
20. Electrode Potential and Cell-potential
21. The Nerns't Equation
22. Chemical Kinetics
23. Differential Rate-Law and Order of Reaction
24. Integrated First Order Rate-Law
25. Effect of Temperature on Reaction-Rate
26. Nuclear Chemistry
27. Radio-carbon Dating and Uranium Lead Dating
28. Mass-energy Conversion