CBSE Class 10 Complete Study English Language & Literature PDF Online by Vedavalli Govindarajan
The Complete Study series by Sahitya Bhawan for Class X is designed as per the new curriculum released by the CBSE in 2019.
The purpose of the book is to prepare the student with an in-depth knowledge of English Language and Literature for class X. We have made every effort to cover the whole syllabus as per NCERT. This book will act as a guide for revision and preparation for the exam as the material is presented in a concise and precise manner with enough questions for practice.
The audience of the Book :
This book is Useful for class 10th students.
The main features of the book are as follows:
• The book has been divided into different sections: Reading, Writing and Grammar, Literature, and Long reading texts.
• The 'Reading' section comprises a short introduction about comprehension, tips and tricks for students, and sample comprehension passages of each type.
• The 'Writing and Grammar' section, after a brief introduction, writing techniques, and tips of writing, covers all the writing formats prescribed.
• Under the 'Literature' section, all the text-based questions, including the in-text and the end of text have been covered.
• Also included at the end of these are extra questions, carefully culled out from previous years' question papers and also the most important ones in each chapter.
• The 'Long-reading' section of the book contains chapters summaries of the novels prescribed, along with character sketches and questions of global understanding.
Table of Content:
• Factual Passages (With Solutions and Pointers)
• Discursive Passages (With Solutions and Pointers)
Writing and Grammar
• Formal Letters(Letter of Complaint to Authority, Letters of Inquiry, Order Placing Letters and Letters to the Editor)
• Articles : (Short Stories) (Story Completion and Developing a Story Outline)
• Integrated Grammar Exercises(Gap Filling, Editing, Omission, Sentences Reordering, and Sentence Transformation)
Prose (First Flight)
Poetry (First Flight)
Supplementary Reader (Footprints Without Feet)