I am thankful to the Readers and Teachers for their response and encouragement given to the First Edition. This edition is thoroughly revised and substantially expanded; all chapters have been updated and expanded.
The complex nature of business has made the subject Business Statistics extremely difficult for students and practitioners alike. This book attempts to present the concepts and theories of Business Statistics in a simple and lucid manner. Appropriate examples have been provided throughout the book for better understanding of the topics discussed.
The book adopts a fresh and novel approach to the study of Business Statistics. It has been written in a “teach-yourself-style” strictly following a student-friendly approach, and is essentially meant to serve as a tutor at home.
This book Useful for Management Student.
1. Statistics—An Introduction
2. Classification And Tabulation
3. Diagrammatic And Graphical Presentation
4. Measure Of Central Tendency
5. Measures Of Dispersion
6. Skewness, Moments And Kurtosis
8. Regression Analysis
9. Analysis Of Time Series
10. Index Numbers
11. Probability Theory
12. Theoretical Distributions— Binomial Distribution
13. Theoretical Distributions—Poisson Distribution
14. Theoretical Distributions—Normal Distribution
15. Sampling—Theory Of Estimation
16. Sampling —Theory Of Test Of Hypothesis
17. Sampling—Student’s T-distribution
18. Sampling—Chi-square (χ2) Test
19. Sampling—Analysis Of Variance – F-test
20. Statistical Decision Theory
21. Decision Tree
22. Non-parametric Tests
23. Multiple Regression And Correlation