Agricultural Land Drainage in India by Gupta SK
Although knowledge and understanding of the causes, nature and harmful effects of excess water and salts in the root zone have tremendously increased over the last few decades, yet land and water degradation is causing decline in the productivity of these resources and also impacting the environment.
Realizing that the only solution to these problems is through land drainage this book has been written to add to the scanty literature on this subject.
|Audience of the Book :|
|This book Useful for Agriculture studies.|
The main features of the book are as follows:
1.Each topic has been thoroughly described, the theory is rigorously developed.
2.The book also contains advanced problems useful for competitive examinations.
|Table of Contents:|
2. Response of crops to surface stagnation and ameliorative strategies/S.K. Gupta.
3. Design of surface drainage systems/S.K. Ambast and S.K. Gupta.
4. Drainage investigations and design of subsurface drainage systems/M.J. Kaledhonkar.
5. Guideline for drainage materials testing and envelope design/Mohan Lal, V.K. Arora, M.J. Kaledhonkar and S.K. Gupta.
6. Subsurface drainage construction, monitoring and evaluation/Mohan Lal, V.K. Arora and S.K. Gupta.
7. Subsurface drainage for land reclamation: case studies/S.K. Gupta.
8. Agricultural drainage technologies for temporary waterlogged verticals/Ramadhar Singh and K.V. Ramana Rao.
9. Alternate drainage techniques for control of water logging/soil salinity/S.K. Gupta.
10. Reuse and disposal strategies for saline drainage effluents/D.P. Sharma