This comprehensive edition is the most authoritative text on advanced accounting topics. The book continues its legacy and provides a contemporary and comprehensive presentation of a wide spectrum of accounting concepts and applications.
Detailed fundamentals provide a natural grounding and help in gaining accounting skills and knowledge. The book offers a structural presentation with over 500 clear illustrations, extensive exercise questions and updated accounting treatments. The book could be used to great advantage by accounting professionals.
This book Useful for Management Students.
1. Complete coverage of accountancy syllabus and up to date discussion of accounting standards.
2. Structured presentation with more than 500 illustrations to explain the concepts and techniques.
3. Balanced theoretical and conceptual coverage to help accounting learners master the subject.
4. More than 450 exercise questions supplemented by essay questions to reinforce learning.
5. Topic of ';Lease' revised as per latest Accounting Standard 17.
6. Multiple choice questions to reinforce understanding.
1. Fundamental Principles of Accounting
2. Final Accounts
3. Bills of Exchange and Promissory Notes
4. Consignments, Joint Ventures, Account Current, Average due Date, etc.
5. Self-Balancing Ledgers
6. Depreciation, Reserves and Provisions
7. Receipts and Payments Account, Income and Expenditure Account and Balance Sheet
8. Single Entry or Accounts from Incomplete Records
9. Partnership Accounts (I)
10. Partnership Accounts (II) (Dissolution)
11. Branch and Departmental Accounts
12. Hire Purchase, Instalments and Lease
13. Insurance Claims
14. Insolvency Accounts
16. Contract Accounts
18. Introduction—Shares, Debentures, etc.
19. Final Accounts
20. Valuation of Intangible Assets, Goodwill and Shares; Reorganisation and Reconstruction of Share Capital
21. Business Combination and External Reconstruction
22. Holding Companies
23. Statement of Cash Flows, Funds Flow Statement, Cash Budget and Working Capital
24. Accounting Ratios
25. Insurance Companies
28. Computerised Accounting System
29. Inflation Accounting
30. Accounting for Human Resources of an Organisation and Social Responsibility
• Multiple Choice Questions (Chapter wise)