This book is an effort to understand how the future will unfold in Asia 2030. It is important to examine whether Asian states will continue with the present pace of their economic growth or lose momentum and undo the change occurring today at the regional and systematic level of international politics. This book has addressed issues ranging from air-power, cyber security, climate change, ballistic missile defence to geo-political and regional issues pertaining to East Asia, South East Asia and South Asia. Based primarily on the method of scenario building, this book is an attempt to discuss the future of critical issues related to security and the international relations of Asia in 2030.
The book deals with the “Strategic Futures” in Asia, pertaining to issues of thematic significance, like future of aerospace-power, trends in the technological development of ballistic missiles defences, and the future of the internet. It also provides a vivid future description on matters of geo-political significance like economics, demography, water resources, nuclear issues, climate change and the environment, governance, and state relation. Given its wide expanse and insightful future analysis on issues of significance particularly to Asia, it attempts to fill some of the critical gaps in the domain of future studies in India.
This book Useful for Leisure Read.
1. Future of Asian Air Power-2030: Ramesh Phadke
2. Ballistic Missile Defences in 2030: Trends in Technology Development: A. Vinod Kumar
3. The Future of the Internet: Cherian Samuel
4. Climate Change Future of Asia: Avinash Godbole
5. Envisioning United States Asia Policy in 2030: Sanjeev Shrivastav
6. India 2030: With History as Guide: Ali Ahmed
7. Pakistan 2030: Possible Scenarios and Options: Harinder Singh
8. Scenarios 2030: A Long Term View of Hydro Politics of South Asia: Medha Bisht
9. Pakistan-Occupied Kashmir: The Future Trajectory: Priyanka Singh
10. Nepal 2030: Nihar Nayak
11. Tibet 2030: P.K. Gautam
12. Illegal Migration into India: Problem and Prospects: Anand Kumar
13. West Asia 2030: Drivers and Scenarios: S. Samuel, C. Rajiv
14. Southeast Asia-2030: Pankaj Jha
15. Japan as A Normal State: Changing Trends and Future Projection: Pranamita Baruah
16. China 2030: Drivers and Scenarios: Gunjan Singh
17. Strategic Trends and Challenges in East Asia in 2030: Ishida Yasuyuki