Cell And Molecular Biology
Cell And Molecular Biology by Pragya Khanna
Cell biology is a fascinating branch of biological Sciences, providing answers to hitherto unanswered questions. It is the mother science to areas such as Molecular Biology, Molecular Genetics, Biotechnology, Recombinant DNA technology, etc. During the last few decades the science of cell biology has grown at an unprecedented pace with the consequence that voluminous information has accumulated on the subject.
Audience of the Book :
|Cell and Molecular Biology is intended as a textbook for graduate (Honors) and postgraduate students of life sciences. It is being prepared in accordance with the UGC guidelines.|
The main features of the book are as follows:
1.Focuses on different areas of cell biology ranging from classical cytology to modern molecular biology.
2.The end-of-the-chapter exercises includes objective type questions with key answers, short answer type and long answer type questions.
3.The text is supplemented with plenty of labelled illustrations.
4.A detailed glossary of important terms is provided at the end of the book.
Table of Contents:
1. The Cell
2. Tools and Techniques in Cell Biology
4. Nucleic Acid
5. Cell Boundaries
8. Endoplasmic Reticulum
9. Golgi Complex
11. Microbes: Peroxisomes and Glyoxysomes
13. Cytoskeleton: Microtubules, Microfilaments and Microvilli
14. Cilia and Flagella
15. Centrioles and Basal Bodies
16. The Nucleus
18. Cell Reproduction: Cell Growth and Cell Cycle
21. Genetic Material: properties and Replication
22. Protein Synthesis
23. Genetic Code
24. Regulation of Gene Expression in Prokaryotes
25. Regulation of Gene Expression in Eukaryotes
28. Genetic Disorders
29. Trends in Genetics