Mechanical Vibrations And Noise Engineering
| About The Book Mechanical Vibrations And Noise Engineering
This book, which is a result of the author's many years of teaching, exposes the readers to the fundamentals of mechanical vibrations and noise engineering. It provides them with the tools essential to tackle the problem of vibrations produced in machines and structures due to unbalanced forces and the noise produced thereof. The text lays emphasis on mechanical engineering applications of the subject and develops conceptual understanding with the help of many worked-out examples.
Table of Contents:
1. Fundamentals and Basic Concepts.
2. Undamped Free Vibrations.
3. Damped Free Vibrations.
4. Harmonically Excited Vibration (Systems with Single Degree of Freedom).
5. Systems with Two Degrees of Freedom.
6. Multi-Degree of Freedom Systems.
7. Whirling Motion and Critical Speeds.
8. Continuous Systems.
9. Sound Level and Subjective Response to Sound.
10. Noise: Effects, Ratings and Regulations.
11. Noise: Sources, Isolation and Control.
Answers to Selected Review Questions.