Power System Analysis: Operation And Control
| About The Book Power System Analysis
This comprehensive textbook introduces electrical engineering students and engineers to the most relevant concepts and techniques relating to all dimensions of electrical power system planning, operation and control. With an emphasis on both basics and advanced topics and practical aspects, the topics are substantiated by a number of illustrations and computer programs that reinforce the analytical methods of approaches to operation and control problems of power system engineering.
Besides fundamentals of power systems, the readers can learn about power flow, economic considerations, computer-aided economic load despatch, power system stability, fault analysis, high voltage transmission systems, transient analysis, and much more from this systematic treatment of an exhaustive treatise on power system engineering.
The book is designed to cover courses in Power Systems conducted during third and fourth years of study by senior undergraduate students and to cover courses prescribed for postgraduate students as well.
This book is recommended in NIT Arunachal Pradesh, NIT Mizoram, Aryabhatta Knowledge University, Patna, Biju Patnayyak University of Technology (BPUT), Odisha and West Bengal University of Technology (WBUT), West Bengal for B.Tech(EEE), B C Roy Engineering College, West Bengal for M.Tech (Power Systems), Supreme Knowledge Foundation Group, West Bengal, Calcutta Institute of Technology, West Bengal, NIT Rourkela, Odisha for B.Tech (EE).
The third edition includes the following eight new chapters to make the book complete from all angles of fundamental and advanced topics.
Transmission Line Parameters (Chapter 2)
Steady State Performance and Operation of Transmission Lines (Chapter 3)
Power Cables (Chapter 4)
Line Insulators (Chapter 5)
Mechanical Design of Overhead Lines (Chapter 6)
Corona (Chapter 7)
EHV AC and HVDC Power Transmission (Chapter 17)
Transient Analysis of Transmission Lines: Wave Propagation (Chapter 23)
Table of Contents:
Preface to the Third Edition
2. Transmission Line Parameters
3. Steady State Performance and Operation of Transmission Lines
4. Power Cables
5. Line Insulators
6. Mechanical Design of Overhead Lines
8. Modelling of Power System Components
9. Power Network Matrix Operations
10. Complex Power Flows
11. Economic Operation of Energy Generating Systems
12. Computer-Aided Economic Load Dispatch and Optimal Power Flow
13. Power System Control Centres
14. Automatic Generation Control
15. Study of Power System Stability
16. Computerised Fault Analysis
17. EHV AC and HVDC Power Transmission
18. Contingency Analysis and Power System Security
19. Reactive Power Control and Voltage Stability
20. Power System Compensation Using Passive and Facts Controllers
21. Small Signal Stability
22. State Estimation and Load Forecasting
23. Transient Analysis of Transmission Lines: Wave Propagation